October 24, 2010

SLASH ROCKS!

Who doesn't love Slash? You have to embrace all that is strange and wierd in the world! This cupcake, Monster No. 6 is my tribute to Slash. Try making some today!




These are the tips I used: No. 3 round and a normal No. 23 star tip.


I started out with a plain white iced cupcake. Using the No. 3 round tip and black icing that I added gel to so it would flow nicer, pipe the eyes - just wiggle the tip around to get a shape you like. I think a line between the eyes so it looked like glasses would of been nice too! Then pipe the mouth.


Next is the star tip and orange icing. You could change colors here too. I started at the top and came down. Pipe the hair to cover the top part of the cupcake.


Finally, I added the hat. This is a plastic hat, but you could certainly make this out of fondant or gumpaste and let it dry.



Enjoy making Slash! He would look great on a platter with the previous 5 Monster cupcakes. Happy Decorating!!!

No comments: