October 25, 2010

13 Monster Cupcakes of Halloween: Witchy-Poo

This is Cakin' Crazy - the David Cakes link at the right. I love his style and he's lots of fun. Check out his fun, easy Halloween cakes!



My Halloween Monter No. 7 is Witchy-Poo. I didn't have a hat, but a cute witch anyway!


These are the tips I used: No. 3 round, No. 6 round and a grass tip.


I started with a plain white iced cupcake that I airbrushed neon green. I also made a HUGE nose out of fondant. Take a piece of fondant and roll it down thin at one end to make the point. Stand it up and smooth it. Add a wart or two and point the nose the way you like.


This is the side view so you can see how large I made the nose.


Next, use the No. 6 round tip and white icing to pipe the rounds for the eyes. Then with black icing and a No. 3 tip pipe the rounds for the pupils of the eyes.


Next, with the No. 3 round tip and black pipe the eye lashes. Squeeze a little icing and pull it straight up.


With the same tip and black icing, pipe the mouth.


Next, I took the No. 3 round tip and white icing and piped straight lines for the teeth, just squeeze them a little thicker than normal. Then I used the No. 3 round tip and black icing and outlined the teeth.


Lastly, I used the grass tip and black icing and piped on the hair. I started at the top and went down. There are about 3 layers of icing to get the hair to fill in nicely.


I hope you enejoyed Monster No. 7. If you can find or make a hat that would add to the cuteness!  Tune in tomorrow for happy cupcake decorating and Monster No. 8!

No comments: