October 22, 2010

Good Monsters Never Die!

What would Halloween be without Frankenstein?!? Monster No. 4 in my series of 13. Have fun making some of these decorated cupcakes for your friends and family!



These are the tips that I used: No. 2, No. 4 and a small star tip.


Start off with your plain iced cupcake. Yes, I smoothed it with my trusty paint roller! I airbrushed it neon green, but you can make neon green icing also.


Next, I used a No. 4 round tip to pipe the white rounds of the eyes.


Then, I used the No. 2 with black icing to pipe the rounds of the pupils, his mouth and the scar next to his eye.


Next, I used a No. 4 round tip to pipe the neon green round for his nose.


Then came the small star tip for the spikey hair. I started at the bottom and went to the top. Keep going until his hairline is to your liking.



The bolts in his neck (refer to top photo) I made from fondant. Roll 2 small rounds and 2 small stick shapes. Use water to fasten the two pieces together. Let them dry for awhile. I airbrushed them with metallic silver airbrush. You could use gumpaste or marzipan or maybe even 'real' small bolts -- just make sure no one eats them!!! Tune in tomorrow for the Mrs.!

No comments: